Thursday 22 July 2010

Some old works!

I thought i'd share some of my previous work, since I didn't have a blog to post it on then! :)

We had a 'Grimm and Strange Tales' brief, in which we had to produce some illustrations for an adult audience - I was quite excited to try something a little more sinister! I chose one of my favourite tales, Hansel and Gretel, but with the help of my sister we re-told the story, creating a twist. Unlike the original, it was Hansel and Gretel who were evil, and they took advantage of the 'witch' who had tried to help them.

The fist image shows their father, looking desperate as he realises he can't kill his evil children who had ruined his life!

The second shows the woman following a foul smell, and the shock on her face shows she has made a grim discovery..

Her dog, who has been missing for days, crushed to death by the children! (I'm scaring myself haha)

And finally, like in the original, she is cooked in the oven - I showed it from her prospective, as it is with her that the reader's sympathies lie! Poor woman!


These are two pieces I worked on for a competition, based on conversations and people. I worked more with pastel colours here, but I must say I love the bright colours now!


And the final images were based The Deep in Hull. I really loved using textures in these pieces. It was very experimental at the time, but taught me a lot!






That's all for now, hope you enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts! I read and appreciate every comment I receive.