Thursday 10 November 2011

Self Portrait: Work In Progress

I wanted to do a little something, a self portrait, just for myself and to help me focus myself. I've found it really hard to get work done whilst working almost full time. By the time I'm home, I'm so tired I just want to sit and stare at my television. I hate this feeling and needed to illustrate for myself, with complete freedom, to loosen me up and get me back into the swing of things. I haven't quite finished but wanted to share some previews. I've enjoyed playing around with this piece and I'm glad to have something to share! I didn't choose to illustrate myself through vanity, may I add, but because it's something nice to have! Also, if I can't draw myself, how can I draw anybody else? (I chose this picture because it reminds me of my boyfriend and the silly times we share).








I'm not sure what I'm going to do next, in a way I prefer the last two (which is why they are the last two..) to the more refined one with lip colouring. But I will see how I feel looking at it with fresh eyes. For now, I'm pleased with the results and feel ready to tackle the work I have to get on with tomorrow. (Yes, a day off work to concentrate on my illustration, perfect!) I'm also meeting with a girl writing her dissertation to answer some questions on the importance of a personal illustration style. It's odd going from writing my own to being interviewed for another in a matter of months. It makes me feel really happy and proud though. I love helping people and I love when students contact me for guidance. It's very flattering and if I can help, I will! 

Have a lovely Friday and weekend! Abby x

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, this is very cool! Hello from a new follower btw :)

    http://michelle-cardinalvirtues.blogspot.com/2011/11/corduroy-day-11-11-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your draw!!! How do you do that??? it's wonderfull

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts! I read and appreciate every comment I receive.