Monday 30 May 2011

Friday Late at The V&A

So, as you know, I went to the V&A on Friday to see my illustration being made into bags and see what the lovely curators of the Yohji Yamamoto exhibition had prepared! I've never felt so proud - seeing people carrying bags with my illustration. The night was amazing - met up with fellow Yohji illustrator Lesley Barnes and illustrator Thereza Rowe as well as spending the evening with fellow Tea & Crayon member Rachel Lewis. They all looked amazing and it's always a pleasure to meet illustrators whose work I love! I managed to make a couple of bags but they weren't perfect. Luckily they may be able to make me some more and send them to me! Amazing! :)











We of course went for a couple of drinks with Rachel afterwards! Fantastic night :)

7 comments:

  1. Aahh looks amazing!!! How exciting!
    Wish I could've been there, all the printing looks like so much fun
    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this! It was a lot of fun, even though you ruined my shirt with paint :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely! How fun would that be?! Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I look a bit drunk in that photo of us! :D

    Was a really good night! V&A Are amazing!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Congratulations Abby, what a brilliant experience! Your talents know no bounds Miss. It's fantastic that the V&A have seen your skills and passion and love it like we all do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Abby! the bag looks excellent and there's your name on it too! so exciting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! That looks like it was such a wonderful event! I would have been smiling like crazy the whole time if I'd been you. It's so nice to meet another illustrator, especially one as talented and fun as you. I can't wait to see what you create next.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts! I read and appreciate every comment I receive.