Tuesday 24 May 2011

Friday Late at The V&A: Yohji Yamamoto at Play

Well, this Friday I will be in London visiting the V&A for their special Friday Late: Yohji Yamamoto event. I'm especially excited because they will be using one of my illustrations in their Ultimate Yohji Screenprinting Workshop! Visitors will be able to make their own screenprinted tote bags using one of four illustrations, including one of my own.

This commission has been wonderful and given me the extra confidence i've been needing! I love the V&A and always visit when I'm in London. I'm very proud and honoured to be asked to get involved with such a great project! If you are in London, do go and have a look! Here is what is on offer:

Activities

Couples Streetcasting for V&A Fashion in Motion
Outside the National Art Library18.30–21.30

Yohji VS Fashion History Stylist Battle
John Madejski Garden
Qualifiers at 20.00 and 20.30; Final at 21.00

Ultimate Yohji Screenprinting Workshop
John Madejski Garden
18.30–21.30

Cut Out/Stick On Fashion Workshop with David Poole
Morris Room, Café
18.30–21.30

Drawing from Yohji
Meet in Room 21a
18:45; 19:30; 20:15; 21:00 (sessions last approximately 30 minutes)

Cut & Haste: Create a Fashion Fanzine
Digital and Design Studios, Sackler Centre
18.30; 19.30 and 20.30 (sessions lasts approximately 30 minutes)

Talking to Yohji
Norfolk House Music Room
18.30–21.30

Sounds amazing doesn't it?! I can't wait and it comes the day after my work for the year is presented and marked, so I couldn't imagine a better time!! I will post pictures on my final degree show and the V&A trip soon! I hope you are all well :)

1 comment:

I would love to know your thoughts! I read and appreciate every comment I receive.