Monday 28 March 2011

Handmade by Emily

You may have seen my inspiration posts on other illustrators whose works I love. However, it isn't just illustrators I draw inspiration from. I find writing, design, fashion as well as crafts. 

Me and mum are hoping to start work on our own crafts soon. We have already begun collecting reclaimed clothes and materials, buttons, and many other crafting items. I can't wait to get started, as sewing and making in general is something I have always loved but never really taken further. I love making fancy dress items! (For instance, Bagpuss ears and Pikachu ears/tail!)

I love the work of Emily. She creates beautiful items which would enhance any home and make the perfect gifts! You can buy her work here. They are always so well made and she uses such beautiful materials! Here are some of my favourites!


I love the colour choices in this little scented or unscented mouse! It is made from cotton and felt and as each mouse is made separately you are guaranteed a unique piece!

Once again I love the unique qualities of each owl and find the design beautiful. They look so huggable!
 


I like collecting buttons and these are just gorgeous! They come in many colours, patterns and sizes and again, I love that each set is different from all the others. I also love Emily's packaging. Simple but beautiful.

How can you resist this little guy? I love the big ears, so cute! Anyway, I hope you like them too, I will be sharing some new illustrations soon but in the meantime do check out Emily's blog too! :)


2 comments:

I would love to know your thoughts! I read and appreciate every comment I receive.